(712) 277-2424 | (800) 763-1897
Our mission is to Inspire,
Value and Demonstrate Integrity
while building relationships.
Stuart Lee and Chris Ferry, the leaders at IBC, offered each staff member $100 and a bit of a fun challenge this holiday season. Each of us was to find a way to "pay it forward" to someone in our community or in our lives who need a helping hand. At our holiday party on Friday night, we each shared what we did with our $100. Here is a review of how the money was spent throughout our company!
1. Many staff members found ways through community groups or their churches to help out needy families in the community and offered them the money or bought gifts/meals for families for Christmas.
2. Some staff members paid for a person's groceries in the line at the grocery store, when it was obvious the person was struggling with paying for all of their items.
3. A book donation was made to the Mercy Child Advocacy Center, as children take a book with them when they leave the Center.
4. Staff members helped their family members who are struggling to pay bills.
5. One staff member offered the $100 to a person in need in a box of candy with a "golden ticket" from IBC.
6. One staff member's family made a donation of toys and care items to the Humane Society.
7. A few staff members spread out the $100, doing small acts of kindness for others in need that added up to that amount.
8. A few staff members involved their friends who matched the amount and donated it to a worthy cause.
9. One staff member used the money to buy gifts for a friend in a nursing home who does not have family here to visit.
10. One staff member offered their $100 toward gifts for a family who is residing at Welcome Home, a shelter for homeless families in Siouxland.
Each staff member made a special effort to use the $100 to better someone's life, provide them with a nice holiday, or help them with day-to-day living. This activity made a lasting impact on all of the lives of the IBC staff members!