(712) 277-2424 | (800) 763-1897
Our mission is to Inspire,
Value and Demonstrate Integrity
while building relationships.
It's almost the New Year! Maybe you had the best year of your life in 2016, or maybe it was one you would categorize as "rotten." Either way, it's time to reflect upon it, and put it behind you. The great thing about January 1 is you can push the "reset" button on your life and decide what goals or "resolutions" you have for the New Year. Here are some ideas:
1. Get back in touch. Remember that good friend of yours you have lost tough with, and you feel badly about it? Give her or him a call and set up a time to have a coffee and catch up. And, if you did something you regret to put a stall on the friendship, own it and say you regret it. I bet you'll feel like you lost a huge weight on your shoulders. If the other person hurt you, let them know that you were hurt, but you are ready to move past it. Hopefully, they offer the apology you need, and you can move on with your old friend you missed!
2. Drink more water. This is an easy one, and maybe one you already do, but try and get that 60 ounces of water each day. It's so important to your overall health. Buy yourself a nice, new water bottle and go for it!
3. Jumpstart or mix up your workout routine. Whether you need to start exercising, or you have hit a plateau or are bored with your workout routine, now is the time to make some changes. Think about it in "baby steps." Even if you just walk on a treadmill or outside for 20 minutes, it's 20 minutes more per day you were doing before. If you have been focusing mainly on cardio, get some strength training mixed into your workout--that is so important for our bone health!
4. Meditate. Download an app on your phone, such as Headspace, and get started. You'll find that if you begin the day in a mindful way, it will make you more calm and productive. So often, we worry about things that are out of our control. Try to find ways to breathe more and worry less through meditation.
5. Go to bed! If you are up binge watching shows on Netflix every night until midnight, and then trying to get up at 6AM, you are not getting enough rest. Plus the screen time that close to bed is not good. Take an hour off from the screens before bed, and try to get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. You will feel like a new person!
These are just five places to start to create a healthy start to 2017. You probably have other ideas as well, but no matter what, write them down and try to work on them each day. You'll find that you feel more productive and in a zone destined for a great year!