Vacation is supposed to be fun and relaxing. The last thing you want to do is worry about someone breaking into your home. Help save yourself some worry by protecting it from damage and theft while you’re away. Here is a checklist to can use to ensure you have a peaceful vacation.
- Lock all doors and windows
- Make sure all electrical appliances are turned off and unplugged
- Go through your refrigerator and pantry and throw away perishable foods
- Take garbage out
- Set your HVAC a few degrees higher in the summer and lower in the winter to save some money
- Arrange to have your mail picked up and your lawn mowed (or snow shoveled) if needed
- Never hide a key outside your home
- Set timers on interior lights
- Arrange for care of your pets if needed
- Store valuable items in a safe-deposit box
Why It’s Important To Prepare Your Home
By preparing your home, you can reduce the risk of any issues such as break-ins or other damage. The last thing you want is to come back after a relaxing vacation to a mess.
Preparing your house helps to keep it safe and secure so you can have peace of mind all vacation long. And, hopefully come back to your house just how you left it!
Contact IBC Insurance for your Home Insurance
Contact your local insurance experts to learn more about home insurance. You can reach us at 712-277-2424 or by filling out this form online.